Monday, 7 January 2013

52 weeks of positivity #1


As part of my journey into 2013 – a journey into happiness and self-appreciation – I wanted to get into a little routine with my blog in that every week I would sit down and think about all of happiness I’d experienced that week and note a few of the main ones down. At the end of the year I would then have a full catalogue of happy events, 52 entries. How wonderful would that be? Anyway, if you hadn’t of guessed by now 2013 has been an entirely new slate for me. I’m back to being single (not a bad thing, I must be awful to be around!) but that means I can concentrate on me and my life, concentrate on making myself happy, and trying to figure out why I’m not. I’ll get there eventually.

Five happy things

1) This has to be number one, finally meeting the beautiful Sarah. I’ve been talking to this girl for what seems like forever and we get on really well, and then I finally met up with her and Cliff so we could go see The Hobbit and it was wonderful. I saw her again the other day and we all just chatted over coffee (and Krispy Kreme) and it’s like I’ve met my twin. Wonderful girly
2)Planning a wonderful European interrail adventure with one of my beautiful best friends. We haven’t got an itinerary set but the country list is looking something like this and I honestly can’t wait:

3) Starting to plan my year in Australia (2014). If I haven’t done my Advanced Open Water by the time I go I’m going to get in touch with some of Mum’s friends who live in Bali and see if I can do it with them and use Bali as my stop over on the way out, then go to Thailand on the way back for about 2-3 weeks. Australia is going to be life changing for me, I know this. It’s going to mean that I have to pull out all of the stops and try to get better in myself and I honestly can’t wait. I’m going to see the country, I’m then going to settle down somewhere and try to get some work to a) bring in some money and b) get some work experience.

4) Oddly, getting my eyes tested. I get headaches quite a lot and I know my right eye is a bit weaker than my left so when we had the opportunity to have a free eye test with work I jumped at the chance. As it so happens my right eye is quite a bit weaker but because my left eye is so good I hadn’t really noticed. I’ve got some glasses being made up for me – just for when I’m on the computer or reading. I think it’ll really help with my concentration too.

5) Losing my MAC virginity. I know it seems totally materialistic but I’ve wanted to try MAC cosmetics for so long now but I’ve never had the chance (or the money). The beautiful Sarah bought me a £14 giftcard for MAC so that I could finally get the red lipstick I’ve been lusting after. I went today and it was fantastic. I had a really good chat with Charlotte the MUA and we talked about how busy it had been over Christmas (I said I worked in Boots) and we had a play around with Russian Red and Viva Glam 1. I opted for Russian Red in the end as I thought it complimented my skin tone more. I also left with a sample of BB Cream and foundation which I am excited to try. Alongside this little trip to MAC I visited the Blink Bar too with my voucher that I got from the Selfridges Lucky Bag. I had my eyebrows threaded which was a pretty pleasant experience (although it hurt a little bit) and my eyebrows now look lovely, shapely, and groomed. Happiness all around.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, even I'm excited, reading about all those wonderful plans! I'm so glad you've got some lovely things to look forward to, and good on you for taking the bull by the horns and just going for it. The interailing trip sounds particularly amazing!
    I think I might take a leaf out of your book and jump on board with the 52 weeks of positivity thing, I think it's a great idea and a great way to stay smiling.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2013 will be your year lady!!!!
    So wish I could be planning trips like you are!
    London life just does not cater to it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good idea, you forget about all the great things that happen throughout the year and seem to only remember the bad. This will give you a great reminder of all the good things when you're feeling a little low.

    Ashleigh
    bellesnbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you've decided to travel.

    Sometimes in life you NEED to be selfish, just for a while, to concentrate on you. If you can't love yourself, then noone else will.

    So do as your blog says, and LIVE.

    Love, x

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking....?